Lead, Electrical Engineer- RF
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Description: Job Title: Lead RF Electrical Engineer
Job Code: CS20230509-105692
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job Schedule: 9/80
L3Harris is seeking a self-motivated Lead RF electrical engineer to
join a team of dedicated professionals who are responsible for
supporting military communication products throughout their
lifecycle (pre-release to obsolescence). The Lead RF Electrical
Engineer will mentor and consult technical aspects of the Product
Support Engineering team specific to particular manpack radios.
Provide daily technical leadership for the engineering activities
to team members that are also supporting the product line. Lead
will make significant improvements in processes, systems, or
products guided by annual goals. Communicates with leadership
regarding matters of importance to the functional or business area
& requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area typically
obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Experience designing RF CCA's operating at frequencies ranging
from HF through L-band.
- Working understanding and knowledge of S-parameters (matching
networks, cascade analysis, Gain budget analysis, NF, Linearity,
Noise power, Filtering).
- Design, simulation & analysis of RF circuits and components
utilizing ADS, HFSS, AWR Microwave, Matlab and various design and
- Work closely with engineering to introduce new designs into
- Work in cross-functional teams to meet manufacturability,
testability and other DFx requirements for volume
- Resolve component obsolescence by redesign of circuits &
- Determine design, process, and test improvements to increase
test yields and product quality
- Work with vendors, Quality & Supply Chain to address material
- Generate and deliver presentations for various levels of
management regarding issues, investigations, improvements, or cost
savings in a concise manner along with outlining tradeoffs
- Good verbal, written communication, and excellent analytical
skills are essential for this position.
- Perform RF/analog circuit design and hardware engineering from
the component level up to entire communication systems.
- Conduct and participate in internal and external system design
- Support/ Mentor internal peer design reviews, design
verification testing of engineering units and oversight of design
- Understanding of critical performance characteristics of
passive and active RF components such as Amplifiers, Oscillators,
Attenuators, Mixers, and Filters. An understanding of how these
characteristics relate to a communication system's performance is a
- A strong understanding of noise figure/noise temperature
Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience.
Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related
experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 13 years of prior
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range
for this role is $104,500-$193,500. This is not a guarantee of
compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on
factors including but not limited to experience and geographic
location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including
health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending
accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off,
and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options
available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire,
schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Irondequoit , Lead, Electrical Engineer- RF, Engineering , Ionia, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!