Activities Director NY
Company: The DePaul Group
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Activities Director NY
DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC) NY
Woodcrest Commons, a DePaul Senior Living Community is hiring a
full-time Activities Director. The pay range for this opportunity
is $17.50 - $18.10 Why work for DePaul?
- Make a positive difference in
- Supportive work environment
- We value diversity
- Opportunity for professional development and career
- Excellent benefits and competitive wages
- Respects and maintains the confidentiality and rights of
residents. Demonstrates a positive and caring attitude toward all
residents, staff, and guests.
- Develop a program designed to promote active involvement of all
residents taking into consideration individual preferences and
choices. The program is to provide social, physical, intellectual,
and recreational activities in a planned, coordinated, and
- Plan, prepare and implement a monthly activities calendar to be
posted in a prominent spot no later than the first day of each
month. The first week of every month needs to be posted 7 days
prior to the start of the new month.
- Review, upon move-in, personal information about each
resident's interests and capabilities. Include this information and
other data obtained from the resident / family members, on an
individualized index card system or the equivalent. This
information should be used when developing activities and be
updated as needed.
- Schedule a minimum of fourteen (14) hours of planned activities
- Schedule outings so that each resident has the opportunity to
participate in at least one outing every other month.
- Plan and implement one-on-one activities with residents.
- Enable residents to enjoy solitary activities.
- Notify residents of activities and assist and encourage them to
- Decorate the facility for holidays and make sure decorations
are removed within five (5) days following a holiday.
- Order supplies for activities according to budget. Ensure that
all expenditures are accounted for from the activity expenses and
that all receipts are properly recorded and submitted.
- Plan facility programs, parties, potluck and other celebrations
with approval of the Administrator.
- If desired, develop a volunteer program from within the
community. Train and coordinate all volunteer activities.
- Attend staff in-service meetings.
- Schedule and facilitate a monthly Resident Council meeting,
document using meeting minutes, and document a resolution to any
questions and/or concerns raised. Review minutes with Administrator
and provide copies to residents.
- Assist with new staff orientation r/t/the role of
- Possess a working knowledge of Resident's Rights.
- Evaluate the overall effectiveness of the Activity Program,
including input from the residents at least every six (6) months
and document finding. Review results with the Administrator and
make changes as appropriate.
- Ensure that MSDS are available for all substances used in the
Activity Department. Keep such materials secure when not in use and
supervised. SPECIAL DEMANDS:
- Warm, friendly, high-energy "bubbly" personality.
- Genuine enjoyment of working with crafts, activities and the
geriatric / adult special needs population.
- Ability to gently but firmly encourage / coax residents to
participate and enjoy success oriented activities to feel good
about themselves and increase their self-esteem. ESSENTIAL
- Ability to communicate with residents and staff in English
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds unassisted
- Ability to visually observe residents, to hear emergency
systems and verbal needs expressed by residents.
- Ability to turn, stoop, bend and stretch in order to assist
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to use equipment competently.
- Ability to respond to emergencies, i.e. resident choking,
evacuation of residents and visitors in the event of fire.
- Associate's degree from an accredited College or University, or
satisfactory completion of two years of college; in either case
with major work in recreation or a related field, or two years of
full-time experience in the recreation field with a dependent adult
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must have the required references and criminal record
- Must have a valid New York State Driver's license and a clean
driving record that meets Agency's Clean Driving Record Policy.
This position is eligible for the following benefits: Medical
Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance,
Generous PTO & Paid Holidays, 403B Employer Match, Employee
Discount Programs, Free Parking and Staff Recognition Programs.
DePaul is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All
employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and program
Keywords: The DePaul Group, Irondequoit , Activities Director NY, Executive , Henrietta, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!