CNC Operator 1
Company: Rochester Precision Optics LLC
Location: West Henrietta
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Title CNC Operator 1 Department Diamond TurningReports to
Diamond Turning Manager SEE YOUR CAREER THROUGH A NEW LENS WITH
RPO!RPO is a global leader in precision optics, optical components,
and optical assemblies. We specialize in a full spectrum of
products & services including - Design and Engineering, Systems
Integration, Lens Assembly, Visible and Infrared Components, Glass
and Plastic Molded Aspheres, and Thin Film Coating. As one of the
fastest growing companies in Rochester, RPO offers exciting career
paths and work on market-leading programs. See below one of many
career opportunities to join to RPO team! Job Summary:A Diamond
Turning Operator, level I is a highly skilled machinist/toolmaker
that creates optical surfaces in a variety of materials using high
precision machining centers. Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Operate and setup diamond turning/grinding machining
- Understand CNC programming and have the ability to create
and/or modify CNC programs.
- Operate and understand Optical test equipment such as
interferometers and surface profilometers.
- Operate tradition inspection equipment such as toolmaker's
microscope, micrometers, height gages, and vernier calipers.
- Ability to read and understand both optical and traditional
- Possess computer skills. Requirements and Competencies:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
Ability to communicate effectively to team members and management.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts. Educational
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Toolmakers/Machinists Experience
- CNC Programming/machine operation experience Additional
- Pursuant to ITAR, EAR, and other export compliance laws and
regulations, applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons as
defined by U.S. law, i.e., U.S. citizens, lawful permanent
residents ("Green Card" holders), persons granted refugee status or
asylum status in the United States, or temporary residents granted
amnesty. Work Requirements:Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand: use hands to fingers, handle or feel:
and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required
to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch: and talk and hear.
- The job may involve prolong periods of sitting/standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus. May involve prolonged periods of magnified
inspection (eye strain)
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger
dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- The employee is frequently required to use the computer. Work
- May involve the use of oils and solvents.
- Subject to some soilage and irritation from cleaning solutions.
(Lab Coats provided)
- Generally works in a clean environment and works to maintain
the environment as such.
- Safety Glasses are required
- May require area specific safety training
- This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise
level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
and fumes or airborne paper particles.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require,
or shifts from one station to another, during the production
process.Compensation & Benefits:RPO offers highly competitive,
total compensation packages linked directly to employee's
professional experience. RPO's benefits include: Tuition
Reimbursement Program, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance,
Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 9 paid holidays, generous
paid vacation and sick time and a 401(k) plan after a 60-day
waiting period. Additionally, we work a 4/10 work week that
provides for every Friday as a non-work day. Disclaimer:This job
description reflects management's assignment of essential
functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be
assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
needed. Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the
talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our
business and our people.EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranIn
compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to
verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and
to complete the required employment eligibility verification form
upon hire. RPO offers a competitive work life balance with a 4/10
work schedule!Compensation details: 20-30 Hourly
Keywords: Rochester Precision Optics LLC, Irondequoit , CNC Operator 1, Other , West Henrietta, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!